International students are welcomed to apply for a Japanese government scholarship at the University of Tokyo to pursue graduate studies. The ministry of education fully funds the scholarships. The scholarship will cover the institution fee, traveling cost, and provide some allowance to the student. Japanese government scholarship is open to international students who have not received any other award or scholarship or do not reside in Japan nor studying in Japan already.
The University of Tokyo is a public based research university in Tokyo, Japan. The university is known to have 10 faculties, and almost 30,000 students are enrolled, out of which more than 2,000 students are international students from different countries. According to QS Global Universities Ranking, the university ranks as the 24th best university in the world and top university in Tokyo.
The universities of Japan and higher education system rank among the world’s top universities in terms of quality education and performance. This is one the reason that ministry of education controls public policy and management of Japan. The standards are set accordingly to participate in the world ranking competition of universities. There are 783 universities in total, while 70% of Japan’s youth complete their postgraduate studies, making Japan one of the world’s most educated nations.
Here are more details about the Japanese Government Scholarship
Deadline is October 31, 2020
- Country: Japan
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: Check the list of eligible countries before applying for Japanese government scholarship at the University of Tokyo: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentine, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Austria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Bhutan, Bosnia, Botsowana, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Bulgaria, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Colombia, Chile, Czech, Croatia, Cyprus, Cabo Verde, Cameron, Cote d’Ivoire, Chad, Comoros, Central African Republic, Djibouti, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Ecuador, Eritrea, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Greece, Hungary, India, Iran, Indonesia, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Laos, Liechtenstein, Libya, Lesotho, Liberia, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Mongolia, Morocco, Mauritius, Malawi, Mozambique, Mali, Maldives, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldova, Mauritania, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Namibia, Oman, Palestine, Pakistan, Philippines, Peru, Paraguay, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Republic of Congo, Romania, Singapore, Suriname, Slovakia, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Slovenia, Serbia, Syria, South Sudan, South Africa, Somalia, Seychelles, Senegal, Sao Tome and Principle, Sierra Leone, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, The Gambia, Togo, The Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, United States of America, Uganda, Uruguay, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Venezuela, Zimbabwe.
- Deadline:: October 31, 2020
Join Our Community. Join 17000+ Other Youth Leaders And Get Help From Them In Shaping Your Future Click Here To Request To Join .
- The applicant must show an outstanding academic record.
- The applicant must be applying for a masters or doctorate program.
- The applicant must maintain a grade point of 2.30 or higher to continue the scholarship.
- The previous degree’s grade point must be higher than 2.30 to be eligible for scholarship (the grade point can be calculated according to MEXT formula).
- The applicant should hold the nationality specified by MEXT.
- The applicant must be from a country that has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government.
- The applicant with Japanese nationality is not eligible for this scholarship.
- The applicant must be born after 1986 (April) and must be mentally and physically fit.
- The applicant must be applying for the academic field they already studied in the previous degree or university or a field related to the previous one.
- The applicant must be proficient in at least one language (English or Japanese). Check the required score by this Link
The following are the benefits of the Japanese Government Scholarship at the University of Tokyo:
- A monthly allowance will be provided to the students.
- The traveling cost will be covered accordingly to the route designated, an economy class ticket from the airport nearest to the residence. MEXT will not cover any cost of local travel expenses and baggage expenses.
- Enrollment fee and the tuition fee of the successful candidates will be exempted.
Other details :
- Application form (download from official website),
- Research plan and field of study (download from official website),
- Letter of recommendation from the Dean,
- Passport photo,
- Official transcript from the university attended last,
- Language proficiency score,
- Abstract of the thesis,
- Official statement of graduation expected (for students expected to graduate after submitting application),
- Copy of passport.
- The documents must be in Japanese or English; A4 format using MS Word must be duplex printing. If the documents are in other language, they should be accompanied by a translation.
- The documents will not be returned, and if the application is submitted after the deadline, it will not be accepted. The application will be rejected if the application or necessary documents are not complete or correct.
- If the applicant reaches Japan after or before the designated time, the scholarship will not cover a travel expense. If they cannot travel on the designated period, they should decline the scholarship if the students arrive without a newly obtained visa. The former scholarship recipient is not eligible for the scholarship.
- The selected candidates will be notified in January 2021 by email.