Aalto University is seeking high-achieving doctoral candidates to apply for this funding opportunity in the field of Microbial Physiology for the academic year 2020/21.
The educational award is to attract all international students for taking the doctoral degree program at the university. The main focus of this program is on discovering unique pathways and in particular investigating the metabolic flexibility of nitrogen and carbon cycle microorganisms.
- Application Process
- Clarity of Information
Great opportunity for international candidates
Established in 2010, Aalto University is a multidisciplinary university and has six schools with around 20,000 students in total and 4,500 staff. It offers bachelors, masters and doctoral programmes in all its fields of study.
Why at Aalto University? At this university, the students will get many financial opportunities that help them advance their academic, intellectual, and professional goals.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2019
- University or Organization: Aalto University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral
- Award: 2400€/month
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Finland
- Eligible Countries: International aspirants can apply
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The award is available for a doctoral degree program in Microbial Physiology
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- MSc in a suitable field, such as microbial physiology, metabolic engineering, genetics, systems biology, biophysics or biochemistry
- Be highly committed to science and strive for excellence
- Develop own smart ideas and think independently
- Be able to focus on solving tough scientific problems
- Have good written and oral communication skills in English
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested applicants are required to take a doctoral degree program at the university. After that, they should complete the application form and contact Prof. Silvan Scheller [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Cover letter, CV, certificates, courses completed (including grades), MSc thesis (if already finished), and research interest description, and names and contact details of references must be submitted
- Admission Requirements: The knowledge base and skills required for doctoral studies shall be demonstrated by a master’s degree or by a degree earned abroad that qualifies them for equivalent doctoral studies in the country where the degree was earned.
- Language Requirement: Successful applicants must have an excellent command of Finnish, Swedish or English. Recognized language tests and minimum score requirements IELTS (Academic IELTS only): 6.5, and 5.5 for Writing and TOEFL.
- Benefits: The University will provide the salary plus occupational health benefits to the successful candidates.